Thematic Area Description for paediatric surgery
The Unit has developed into a fully fledged unit and has started a post graduate 5 year training in Masters of Surgery in Paediatric Surgery.
The unit also offers consultative Paediatric Surgical services to Kenyatta National Hospital, the main referral hospital for the Republic of Kenya’s over 12 million and under 15 years of age. .
Courses in Paediatric Surgery
This thematic area offers teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Post graduate training is a five year programme and on completion, a Master of Medicine in Paediatric Surgery degree is awarded.
For undergraduate students lectures and tutorials in paediatric surgery are given and examined as part of the MB ChB programme.
The unit also offers lectures and tutorials to Bachelor of Dental Surgery undergraduate students as well as Maxillofacial and Dental Surgery postgraduate students.
DEGREE PROGRAMMES/COURSE UNITS LINKED TO THE THEMATIC AREA
- HMS 600 - Master of Medicine in General Surgery
- HMR - Master of Medicine in Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery
- HMQ - Master of Surgery in Aesthetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- HMP - Master of Medicine in Paediatric Surgery (MMed PS)
- Master of Medicine in Urology
- Master of Medicine ENT
- Master of Medicine in Neuro-Surgery