A centre of choice for quality training, innovative research and policy development for the production of world-class surgeons and surgical health care providers.
To train high calibre surgical professionals, carry out creative, innovative and inventive research in current and emerging challenges, set and apply international standards in evidence and science based surgical healthcare provision, and be at the forefront of surgical policy formulation.
- Strive to be a leader in surgical training, surgical research and surgical practice locally, regionally and internationally
- Espouse and impart the virtues of professional ethics and moral standards in training, research and practice
- Promote evidence based health care provision
- Promote research
- Promote teamwork
- Nurture responsible professionalism through a culture of mentorship
- Promote sensitivity and responsiveness to the community and its environmental needs
- Promote gender sensitivity in training, research and practice
- Promote optimum utilization of resources in surgical training, research and practice
- Encourage and champion continuing medical education