This thematic area offers teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Post graduate training is a five year programme and on completion, a Master of Medicine in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery degree is awarded.
For undergraduate students lectures and tutorials in thoracic and cardiac surgery are given and examined as part of the MB ChB programme.
The unit also offers lectures and tutorials to Bachelor of Dental Surgery undergraduate students as well as Maxillofacial and Dental Surgery postgraduate students.
DEGREE PROGRAMMES/COURSE UNITS LINKED TO THE THEMATIC AREA
- HMS 600 - Master of Medicine in General Surgery
- HMR - Master of Medicine in Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery
- HMQ - Master of Surgery in Aesthetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- HMP - Master of Medicine in Paediatric Surgery (MMed PS)
- Master of Medicine in Urology
- Master of Medicine ENT
- Master of Medicine in Neuro-Surgery